Thursday 16 August 2018

Teachers strike

Yesterday known as Wednesday ( August 15th) the primary school teachers went on strike. If you think that the teachers just want more money, well then you are wrong it is way than that. So to start us off why do teachers strike? well teachers strike because they want to get paid more, to get more teachers for schools, when teachers get sick there are not enough teachers to teach their class so that's why they strike. They started walking from the town square and then to Damien O'Connor office and back. On that day No teachers were paid as it is against the law to get paid when striking even if you voted to not strike. Also, they have not strike in 24 years. Students must have been so happy that they had the day off school. In my opinion, it was a very good thing to strike as if the government gets it then it would be all worth it. They are also planning for another strike on tuesday. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks
Rhea