Wednesday 26 September 2018

The Run every morning!

Choosing the hard over choosing the easy, ever heard that saying before. We do this every day, every morning we come to school and do the run.  Me and my classmates have been working on mental grit for at least two years now. When we started doing the run I hated it, But now as we have been doing it for a long time I have started to appreciate that the run and a bonus was that it helped my fitness and mental health. My Mum has always been the one that has tried to get me outdoors to do more excuses so when she heard that we were doing the run she was shocked and so happy. This was exactly what she was hoping for, me doing exercise at school every morning. The first year we did the run I told Mum that I Would not do it as I hated running but now I have come to appreciate that I am very good at running long dissidents. Over the time we have been doing the run I have felt fitter and much heathery. Ok, there is no hiding that my Mum hates sugar but without the run, I would not have felt this good and fit, even without much sugar.

My teachers Mr Sinton-white and Mr Mcaulay have pushed us so hard that I wake up in the morning now I just appreciate that we will do the run. As some people might know both of my teachers are leaving this school, and we will not be doing the run next year as the fill-in does not want to do it. I am sad, but with all my sports I think it will keep me fit and healthy. Plus doing stuff at home like biking ( which I will do ) will help me keep fit. To this day I have been living by this phase by Steve Gurney  " Eating dirt". What this means is choosing the hard over the easy and wanting to do the hard.

This has been quite a journey, doing this every non-rainy day. Running 2.6k every morning can you even think of that. To most of the people in my class they can as we have done it but it was a hard road to get there.







2 comments:

  1. true reflection really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome but try work on your spelling.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks
Rhea